Terms and Conditions of Sale
www.katex.co.uk is a site operated by Katex Ltd.
Our main trading address is:
Unit 10, Mellstock Business Park,
Higher Bockhampton, Dorchester,
Dorset, DT2 8QJ, United Kingdom.
Tel: 01305 257160
Fax: 01305 259573
Our VAT number is GB 143 1922 34.
We are registered in the United Kingdom under company number 07824222 and with our registered address at Pond Mead, Uploders, Bridport, Dorchester, DT6 4PH, United Kingdom.
KATEX LTD provides its services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or shop within this website, you accept these conditions. Please read them carefully. In the following Terms and Conditions of Sale; “we”, “us” or “KATEX LTD” refers to us, Katex Ltd, the owners of the website. “You”, “your” and “customer” refers to you, the customer.
All content included on this site is the property of KATEX LTD or its content suppliers and protected by UK and international copyright laws.
KATEX LTD may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not KATEX LTD, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits KATEX LTD. All other trademarks not owned by KATEX LTD that appear on this site are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by KATEX LTD.
Your Membership Account
If you use this site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You may not use our website if you are under 18. KATEX LTD reserves the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Reviews, Comments, Emails, and Other Content
Visitors may post reviews, comments, other content and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam”. You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity. KATEX LTD reserves the right (but not the obligation) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content. KATEX LTD takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
KATEX LTD attempt to be as accurate as possible in their product descriptions. However, KATEX LTD does not warrant that product descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product offered by KATEX LTD itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
By visiting KATEX LTD, or our website www.katex.co.uk, you agree that the laws that govern Great Britain, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise between you and KATEX LTD.
Payment on our website is taken through our secure payment pages using PayPal where you will be redirected to PayPal’s secure pages to process your payment.
Prices are quoted in GBP (£) sterling and include Value Added Tax (VAT).
If your delivery address is outside the UK you may be liable for relevant import duties and/or taxes when your order reaches your country.
KATEX LTD take your online security very seriously and have implemented secure servers where your information is sent encrypted via industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL). This makes it almost impossible for any third party to read any information you send us.
We endeavour to ship your order as soon as possible. If the equipment is in stock then it will be delivered in accordance with the following:
- Up to 10 Kg
- UK Mainland 1 – 2 days £15.00 Courier
- UK Highlands, Islands and Northern Ireland – 3 – 4 Days £30.00 Courier
If equipment is not in stock then you will be advised of an estimated delivery date at the time of placing order.
Delivery of equipment over 10Kg will quoted separately.
Availability and estimated delivery times
We do our best to ensure that all of the products on www.katex.co.uk are available from stock. We also endeavour to make sure that all products are dispatched within the quoted time; however we cannot guarantee this. If for any reason there is a delay with your order we will contact you as soon as we can.
All goods are offered subject to availability
Items listed on our website are purely an invitation to order. They do not constitute that the item is in stock. We do not and cannot guarantee that every item on our website is available at the time of ordering. If an item is ordered and we do not have stock then we will try to contact you to see if you would like to wait while we obtain more stock, an alternative item or a refund, provided a correct email address and telephone number is provided. We reserve the right to withdraw any item without notice. Shipping costs are also subject to change.
Your Rights as a Consumer
In accordance with UK law, consumers have a 14 day period in which you have the right to cancel your purchase and receive a full refund. Consumers do not need to give a reason for cancelling their purchase. We are obliged to refund payments to consumers in full within 14 days after receiving confirmation of your cancellation.
How to cancel within 14 days of receiving your goods.
• KATEX LTD must receive a cancellation notice in writing within this period. We recommend that you use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Once the return has been accepted from KATEX LTD, you must return the product within 14 days of the cancellation.
• It is down to you as a customer to make sure that a product is returned in its original condition, ensuring the goods remain in resalable condition including packaging, manuals and all accessories, with a valid proof of purchase.
• KATEX LTD has the right to deduct an amount from the reimbursement (or charge a consumer) if the consumer has diminished the value of the goods by handling them beyond what is necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and function.
KATEX LTD, Unit 10, Mellstock Business Park, Higher Bockhampton, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 8QJ, United Kingdom.
Telephone: 01305 257160
Important Return information
- It is the customer’s responsibility to cover the cost of return to us and make sure that it is well packaged. Unless the equipment is faulty or incorrect as a result of an error by KATEX Ltd. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All products along with their packaging must be returned in the original saleable condition you receive them in.
- We recommend that you use recorded or special delivery as we cannot be liable for any loss or damage in transit.
- If returned goods are found non faulty, there will be a fee of the return carriage amount.
- All orders will need to be signed for. The original delivery charge will be charged again to re-deliver your order in situations where the item was not delivered due to the fault of the customer, such as address provided by customer is incorrect or the customer was not able to sign for the item or collect it from the sorting office.
Inspection, Delivery Delays and Non-Delivery
The Customer must inspect the products as soon as is reasonably possible after delivery and shall, within 10 days of the date of delivery or the due date for delivery, give notice to KATEX LTD details of:
- Any defect in the product that is apparent on reasonable examination. In this case KATEX LTD shall, at KATEX LTD’s discretion, replace the products or refund the purchase price. In any event you must refuse parcels delivered in a damaged condition.
- Any shortfall in products delivered. In this case KATEX LTD shall, at its discretion, deliver the
undelivered products or refund the price of the undelivered products.
- Any delivery of products not in accordance with the order. In this case KATEX LTD shall, at KATEX LTD’s discretion, replace the products or refund the purchase price.
- Any non-delivery of the products (in which case the time limit is within 10 days of the estimated despatch date). In this case KATEX LTD shall, at its discretion, deliver the undelivered products or refund the price of the undelivered products.
If you the customer fails to give any such notice, the products shall be conclusively presumed to be, in all respects, in accordance with the order and free from apparent defects, and you shall be deemed to have accepted the products accordingly. KATEX LTD’s record of the products despatched (including the quantity) shall be conclusive evidence of the products received by you, unless proved otherwise.
The remedies set out above are the Customer’s exclusive remedies for non-delivery or short delivery of products, or for apparent defects in the products or delivery of products not in accordance with the order. KATEX LTD shall not be liable for any losses, consequential or otherwise, or for costs (including legal costs), expenses, liabilities, injuries, loss of profits, business or economic loss, depletion of goodwill, damages, claims, demands, proceedings, judgments or otherwise arising from these circumstances.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meets your specific requirements.
KATEX LTD shall not be under any liability for damage, losses (whether direct, indirect or consequential), expenses, liabilities, injuries, loss of profits, business or economic loss, depletion of goodwill, costs (including legal costs), claims, demands, proceedings, judgments or otherwise resulting from the failure to give advice or information or the giving of incorrect advice or information (including through the KATEX LTD technical helpline) whether or not due to its negligence or that of its employees, agents or sub-contractors.
KATEX LTD shall not be liable for economic loss, punitive damages, loss of revenue, loss of profits or expected future business, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of any order or contract or any consequential or indirect loss or damage, all as may result from, or be connected with: (i) any express or implied terms of the contract between KATEX LTD and you the customer, or of any order accepted by KATEX LTD; (ii) any duty of any kind imposed on KATEX LTD by law arising out of or in relation to the contract between KATEX LTD and the you the customer or order; (iii) any defect in the products or services; (iv) intellectual property rights infringement; or (v) any other loss whatsoever arising out of these terms and conditions of sale.